Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Fun!!

Wow, I can not believe that Easter has already come & gone, seriously where has this year gone? We had a great Easter!!! :) To start of the festivities we will start with Friday.

Friday night me and my mom went to the ISU Bengal dancers end of the year dance show. It was fun to watch all the different dancers, but you know me I LoVe dancing. Plus, it was nice just to have an outing with my mom and no kids.

Saturday we slept in and sat around in our jamies (as Mya calls them) and watched the first session of conference. I love listening to our leaders and chillin in our pajamas. After we finally got ready for the day we went to lunch @ Wingers. It was a nice, quiet, and relaxing lunch. I think that we were the only customers in there at the time. Later that evening we went to Marcie's for some Easter fun. We ate some finger foods, dyed eggs, and had the first night egg hunt. It was a lot of fun.

Here are the kiddos dying some Easter eggs. We made such a mess. Having 2 -two year olds dying their own eggs was quite the event.
Mack and Mya

AJ, he is such an independent little boy and so cute!

Jessica, Race and AJ

Look @ her pretty pink egg!

Mack was proud of his Kung Fu Panda egg!


Here are the kids ready to go outside in the dark to find their eggs. They had flashlights and even head flashlights.
Top: Maisie, Marissa, MaKayla
Bottom: AJ, Race, Mack, Mya

The kids had a lot of fun trying to find the eggs in the dark. Mack was so cute. He was trying to keep track by counting all of his eggs as he collected them. After a few minutes of hunting he came running up to me and said "Look Mom I have 3 eggs" I then noticed his other cousins already had their baskets full of eggs. So I grabbed Jessica (the one who actually hid the eggs) and made her help Mack get some more eggs. Hunting eggs in the dark is actually harder then you think.

Jessica is lifting up Mack to get some glow in the dark eggs. Don't worry at the end of the hunt all the kids had plenty of eggs and candy!! ;)

Since we didn't have church we were able to sleep in Sunday until about 9 when Mack woke us all up to see if the Easter Bunny came. Well.... He came and brought the kids some eggs, movies, and a few toys. Mya had farm animals eggs to find and Mack had sport eggs.



Mya had a lot of fun this year looking for her basket and her very own eggs.


Mack was super surprised that the Easter bunny brought him a Bakugan container to store little Bakugans and inside was 2 Bakugans and 1 trap.



Since we got two movies we had to watch both of them. So we watched Princess and the Frog and Chipmunks the Squeakal in our jamies eating candy. What a morning. Plus we still had time to watch conference. Afterward we went back out to Marcie's for a delicious lunch.

We then went to my parents for another meal and dying more eggs.
What a cheezy grin!!


It is so different at my parents house because there is only 3 kids and so it is kind of fun because the adults get into the activities.

These next few pictures are for Heather & Jordon (wink, wink) Hadleigh is so funny she just loves Mack and Mya and wants to be just as big as them. So of course she wanted to dye eggs too. At first she just kind of chewed on the egg but then she wanted to put the eggs in the cups. It was so funny, at one point I put an egg in the cup and she couldn't see what was in the cup so she kept trying to see what was going on, so cute.


If you look close she actually has a tear running down her cheek. She got a little upset that she couldn't just do whatever she wanted to do with the eggs.

So she got to play with an egg that was peeled, which kept her entertained her for a little bit.

Mya was asleep for the first half of dying the eggs, but as soon as she woke up she had to join in on the fun.

Isn't Mack such a nice big brother helping his little sis dye eggs?

Awww. look at those cuties!! and yes Jordon I mean you to.

The end!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a very busy weekend!! I need to get busy and post about our Easter! Isn't easter a fun time of year for both kids and adults!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some cute pictures! I love your kids so much and I am so happy that they got to hang out with ALL their cousins over the weekend! I am definitely going to steal some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that pic with Mack and his big bakugan.I know how much he loves them you can really tell in that pic. Then Mya and her bed hair is so funny while looking for her eggs. Of course Hadleigh is so fun and what a first Easter for her. Glad you had a great weekend, yep it did start out great with the Bengal
    dancers. Thanks Ladd for watching the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE all your pictures! They're looking GREAT! And I must know... did you make your little chicky and bunny? They're ADORABLE!

    P.S. Go check out my new blog! I'm changing things up! :D

    ReplyDelete