It all started when Mack was 18 months old and we went to St. George to visit my Grandma for Thanksgiving. I was looking through some of the Black Friday sales and saw a portable DVD player for cheap so I thought it would be perfect to buy and have Mack watch movies for the long 8 hour drive home. So I woke up early got the DVD player but I didn't have a movie. At the time Cars had just come out so I thought it looked like a good boy movie, so I bought it. I was a little skeptical about the whole movie idea because Mack was not really into watching TV or movies yet. Well as soon as I started the movie for Mack he was in love. He sat there and watched the whole thing. It was a very nice ride home. Ever since Mack has been obsessed with the movie.
For the longest time we had the portable DVD player set up in his room and he would watch the movie every day. I even had to buy a back up movie in case anything was to happen to the movie. Mack doesn't quite watch the movie everyday anymore but at least 3-4 times a week. I can be doing the dishes in the other room and now exactly what part of the movie it is just by listening to the words.
Mack has quite the collection of the character Cars cars. His bed spread is Cars, his toy box and even a little table with chairs is all CARS. When we go to the store he is always wanting to go and see if they have out any new toys from the movie.
All of my boys love the show, Nash especially. I think I even blogged about it awhile ago. I find myself evening stopping to watch it from time to time.
ReplyDeleteI remember when he was that little and got his first Cars DVD. Can't believe he has gotten this big so fast.Thanks for the pics. Luv, Grandma
ReplyDelete